Family Links has been working throughout the UK for over 20 years to support children, parents and teachers with their emotional health and wellbeing, with an emphasis on early intervention.
We aim to empower children, parents, families, schools and workplaces to prioritise positive emotional health, by delivering innovative, high quality training to health and social care services, third sector organisations, schools and universities. We aim to reach parents and their families whether they are at home, at school or at work.
Our Nurturing Programme, which underpins all of our work, is designed to provide adults and children with the understanding, skills and ability to lead emotionally healthy lives, build resilience, empathy, self-esteem and support positive relationships.
Challenging Intergenerational Adversity: Promoting Emotional Health for All
Family Links held an event in London on 13 June.
During the event we:
- Heard stories of success from those working with families
- Learnt more about Emotional Health and its importance for parents, children and teachers
- Heard about Family Links different programmes
These are the videos we showed on the day:
- Muslim Fathers and the Family Links Parenting Programme
- Welcome to the World Programme in Cardiff
- Sonia’s story: Never too soon, never too late
News & Blog
Schools will be required to deliver relationships’ education (RSE)
From September 2020 schools will be required to deliver relationships’ education (RSE). This is the result of years of work by the PSHE Association, the Sex Education Forum and others (including young people themselves) to ensure that all children have access to good, age appropriate education in personal, social, health and economic matters.
We offer innovative, high-quality training courses around the UK for those working with children, parents, families or in schools.
We can come to you to provide in-house training courses for a group or team or you can join us at one of our training venues around the country.
The best training ever. Can’t wait to get started. This training has been life changing for me and I know it will have the same effect on parents too!
North East, 2015
Health & Safety Expo – London ExCel – June 2019
Great to be part of the Safety & Health Expo presenting our emotional health workplace workshops, a long-term, preventative approach to create a climate of psychological safety and a trusting culture based on healthy relationships.
Why this matters for your organisation:
- highest performing teams have one thing in common: psychological safety (Google Survey on team performance)
- only half of UK employees feel that their working relationships are supportive two-thirds feel that they do not deal well with important problems in life
- nearly a quarter find that after something goes wrong it takes them a long time to get back to normal
- creativity and innovation
- staff turnover and reduced short and long-term absence rates