Family Links is a national charity dedicated to empowering children, parents, families, schools and workplaces to be emotionally healthy.
We deliver innovative, high quality training in the Nurturing Programme to health and social care services, third sector organisations, schools and universities.
We want to give every child the best chance in life.
Parenting through the teenage years
We work with parents of teenagers to increase understanding of developmental changes, help improve relationships and communication, and negotiate boundaries. A wide range of training courses are available for staff in schools, 0-19 services and specialist youth teams. Next available dates are in York in March.
News & Blog
Emotional Health, Wellbeing and Character in Schools (Jun 2017)
Family Links and the Nurturing Schools Network have contributed to a new report from the Fair Education Alliance’s (FEA) Wellbeing group, which we co-chair with Canterbury Christ Church University.
The report follows a survey of 500 school staff about social and emotional health in education, highlighting the need for action. The key findings were:
- Insufficient time (71%) and a lack of available budget (59%) were cited as the biggest barriers to addressing Social and Emotional wellbeing in schools.
- 94% thought it was very important to identify children who require specialist support for wellbeing or social and emotional development.
- Having clear next steps for pupil development (83%) and being easy to use (70%) were identified as being the key priorities for social and emotional wellbeing measurements.
Bea Stevenson, co-chair of the FEA’s wellbeing group and Head of Social and Emotional Learning at the Nurturing Schools Network, commented:
We recognise the importance of ensuring that children’s emotional health not only remains high on the policy agenda but also that schools and practitioners are given the support they need to implement change. We hope that this report supports both these aims and are committed to working in cross sector partnership to embed understanding and good practice across the school system.
We offer innovative, high-quality training courses around the UK for those working with children, parents, families or in schools.
We can come to you to provide in-house training courses for a group or team or you can join us at one of our training venues around the country.
The best training ever. Can’t wait to get started. This training has been life changing for me and I know it will have the same effect on parents too!
North East, 2015
Promoting Positive Mental Health: Emotional Health for All
London, Thursday 7th December 2017
A free event to share knowledge about what really works for families and schools in London and the South East.
Hear inspiring stories of change for parents, families and schools; discuss how we might measure the long-term impact of interventions and consider how we can effectively evidence change for parents and children.
- Promoting good mental health in schools
- Hear stories of success from schools and those working with families in the South East
- What contributes to good emotional health? Discover a framework for emotional health
- An opportunity to share challenges and good practice with colleagues from around the South East